Monday, May 16, 2011

Twenty-five reasons I was born too late...

In alphabetical order...

#1. Bogart
"The only good reason to have money is this:
so that you can tell any SOB in the world to go to hell."



#2. Brando
"I put on an act sometimes, and people think I'm insensitive.
Really, it's like a kind of armor because I'm too sensitive.
If there are two hundred people in a room and
one of them doesn't like me, I've got to get out."



#3. Brynner
"Girls have an unfair advantage over men:
If they can't get what they want by being smart,
they can get it by being dumb."



#4. Cash
"How well I have learned that there is no fence to sit on between
heaven and hell. There is a deep, wide gulf, a chasm, and in that chasm
is no place for any man."



#5. Caine
"Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me.
Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath."



#6. Chaplin
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long shot."



#7. Cole
"I'm an interpreter of stories.
When I perform it's like sitting down at my piano and telling fairy stories."



#8. Cooper
"Until I came along all the leading men were handsome,
but luckily they wrote a lot of stories about the fellow next door."



#9. Connery
"I suppose more than anything else I'd like to be an old man
with a good face, like Hitchcock or Picasso.
They know that life is not just a popularity contest."



#10. Conrad
"Marriage is something that goes way beyond the flesh.
Each human being has his own need for security . . .
It's great to have someone to lean on . . .
It's great to have someone lean on you."



#11. Dean
"Only the gentle are ever really strong."



#12. Gable
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on,
I'd have had no time to go fishing."



#13. Grant
"I have spent the greater part of my life fluctuating between
Archie Leach and Cary Grant, unsure of each, suspecting each."



#14. Martin
"I've got seven kids. The three words you hear most around
my house are 'hello,' 'goodbye,' and 'I'm pregnant."



#15. McQueen
"There's something about my shaggy-dog eyes
that makes people think I'm good."



#16. Montalban
“If you shake your fist, the other guy will shake his too.
But if you extend your hand to shake their hand, then they will extend
theirs also, and you've made a friend.”



#17. Newman
"A man can only be judged by his actions,
and not by his good intentions or his beliefs."



#18. Peck
"They say the bad guys are more interesting to play but there is more to it
than that - playing the good guys is more challenging because
it's harder to make them interesting."



#19. Plummer
"Unless you can surround yourself with as many beautiful things
as you can afford, I don't think life has very much meaning."



#20. Presley
"Rhythm is something you either have or don't have,
but when you have it, you have it all over."



#21. Redford
"There are certain friendships that are sometimes
too good and too strong to talk about."



#22. Stamp
"As a boy I believed I could make myself invisible.
I'm not sure I ever could, but I certainly
had the ability to pass unnoticed."



#23. Stewart
“I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, and I'm happy,
Doctor, I finally won out over it.”



#24. Wayne
"I would like to be remembered, well . . . the Mexicans have
a phrase, "Feo fuerte y formal". Which means he
was ugly, strong and had dignity."



#25. Welles
"I passionately hate the idea of being with it;
I think an artist has always to be out of step with his time."

No comments: