Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Your own Delusional Hero

Once upon a time...

I thought I was different.

Thought I was special.

Thought I had talent.

Justified ambition.

Guess not.

Where'd I come up with that?


Once upon a time...

I thought I was important.

Thought I made a difference.

Thought my efforts mattered.

Unique execution.

Guess not.

When'd I start thinkin' that?


Once upon a time...

I thought I could change the outcome.

Thought I could be the savior.

Knew I could live with purpose.

Fulfilling grand destiny.

Guess not.

Why'd I ever believe that?


Delusional Hero, here at your service...sorry if I seem depressed.

Spare me your pity.

Listen well, know my folly;

Once...

...I actually thought I mattered.



*~The Buzz Lightyear effect: You realize one day that you aren't as great or important as you thought you were. And the hurt doesn't ever wear off.~*

No comments: