Monday, September 24, 2012

Favorite Couples Part I || Anne & Gilbert



Hello & Welcome! 
Today I will dazzle you with the first part of a completely unnecessary four part series of my all-time Favorite Screen Couples. 
I've tried not to go so photo crazy this time, and have narrowed it down to only four couples. 
So if you'd rather not take a trip with me down memory/fantasy/childhood lane, the detour is that-a-way {oh but please do stay, 'twill be so fun}.

So to begin: 
A much loved pair from my childhood years....and yes, even now...


Anne Shirley & Gilbert Blythe


If you've been a reader of this here blog for any amount of time, you've probably picked up on my love for the Anne of Green Gables series, in both book and film form. 
If you haven't however, and this is your first encounter, welcome! 
We only bite on half moon Tuesdays. :) Also, all the above is true.
But moving on...
Love 'em. 
Call it naive, foolish, impractical, unrealistic...one simply -cannot- spend hours reading through their scrapes, spats, and adventures without coming away a bit breathless and at least somewhat attached.  

It all started here...in the awkward, sometimes terrifying, time of youth. 
Lesson learned: Do not take liberties with wonderfully strange, feisty young girls.
Winking and calling pet names such as "carrots" are especially frowned upon.

 Oh, the torture...
I remember watching this at 7 and thinking how -insufferable- it would have been to be Anne and *gasp* sit next to the boys.

And at one point without even the companionship of the dearest Diana! Tragedy indeed.

Ah...but then -it- happens...that humbling moment...and peace at last. 

...Well, something like peace...

Three books later and the characters finally get their acts together and accept their fate.
No "My-name's-Jo-and-I'm-going-to-marry-an-old-professor-instead-of-my-obvious-soulmate" here. 
Just honest to goodness "they were always meant to be...and were".

Finally. ;D


>>>=<<<

Parts II, III, and IV coming soon!

1 comment:

Melissa Rampy said...

They're my absolute favorite!!! I always wished they were real because they're such a perfect couple!!