Saturday, December 31, 2011

Dreams of Eames...

Earlier this week, while valiantly fighting off a savage stomach bug, I had chance to catch up on some much needed rest and watch a few documentaries via PBS (God bless those people, wouldn't know what I'd do without 'em).

One such visual and intellectual morsel was "Eames: The Architect and the Painter".

Highly -highly- recommend catching it while it's still available to stream. I had never known much about the Eames legacy outside of a few (though admittedly very cool) chairs. Now I am much more enlightened. :)

One particular point of Eames-ness I became acquainted with and further fell in love with: The Eames House (aka Case Study House no.8).

Behold what mid-summer scented flights of fancy are made of:

{via Wikipedia}

{via the LA Times}


{both via cyberquirky.org}

I -have- been converted to the color block/Mondrian window idea...tempted to go at mine with some festively colored cellophane and masking tape...

<><><>

Thanks for being so awesome Charles and Ray...

No comments: